Thursday, March 26, 2009

A New Mug Cozy


My mug cozy disappeared. It showed up again about a week later. I found it in with a load of laundry that I was folding. Buy accident, it had gone through the wash. It was now felted and no longer fit my favorite latte mug. I did some major tugging on it trying to reshape it. But it would only cover about half way up the mug. So I made a new one using some left over Cherry Tree Hill SuperSock Merino in the Northern Lights colorway. This is the same yarn I used for the Boing Scarf.

I used the Garter Mug Cozies pattern that I used for the first one and the lid was from Jaunty Mug Sweater and Tam (at Raverly) from Cabled Sheep (direct link to pattern). A worsted yarn had been used in both patterns. So I needed to make some adjustments for this yarn. After a some trial and error (lots of frogging), I finally was able to come up with this modified set. Instead of ties for the mug cozy, I opted for a tab and button closure.

1 comment:

Lanas said...

Hello! I am Inés from Abuelita Yarns Company. I loved your cozy for the mug!! I want one! :)
We are a uruguaian brand which sells yarns. If you want to know more about us please enter www.abuelitayarns.com or if you wish to see our articles and pictures enter www.abuelitayarns.com/blog/
Good luck! :D